Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My morning treat


I've started making my own lattes again in the morning - it is a little treat for myself. Several years ago I bought an espresso machine that was on sale for 50% off at Starbucks and have gotten a lot of use out of it! I figure since I've had it I'm sure I've saved a lot of money making my own lattes rather than buying one each morning. Plus, making my latte in the morning is a little nostalgic from my college and early post college days when I worked at Starbucks. That was a fun job :) If you enjoy your own latte or espresso a few times a week (or every morning) I highly encourage you to get your own espresso machine. It's really simple to make your own, plus you can create your own drink recipes. I'd be happy to give a tutorial to anyone who wants to learn!



Here are a few recipes that I use when making my own:

1. Skim milk/espresso/sweetened condensed milk/dash of cinnamon on top
2. Skim milk/espresso/honey

3. Skim milk/espresso/brown sugar
4. Skim milk/espresso/hazelnut flavor

5. Skim milk/espresso/vanilla syrup/sweetened condensed milk/dash of cinnamon and nutmeg on top

2 comments:

Kit said...

I came here from a link on my friend Tracy's blog. I have to remark about the coincidence of this post because just yesterday I asked my husband if people ever put honey in their coffee (I've never been much of a coffee drinker). He said no :-) But clearly he was wrong!

Jennifer said...

I've even heard of people putting molasses in their coffee - I thought that was strange...