Tuesday, May 19, 2009

31 weeks and counting

This weekend marked the 31 week point...and the point when I'm just going to have to get used to being uncomfortable. I really haven't felt too bad up until this weekend (and it continues...) I'm starting to get some swelling in my feet - for whatever reason it's always my left foot more so than my right foot. Back pain is present about 40-50% of the day right now and there are several times a day when it feels like there's a foreign object jabbing my lower ribs. Night seems to be the worst. I can no longer sleep on my right side, it feels painful and now, I actually do get light headed if I try to sleep on my back. So, I result to sleeping only on my left side since laying on my belly is just out of the question. But, all in all, still enjoying the experience! I figure I have somewhere between 7 - 9 more weeks to go!

Caleb and I traveled to South Carolina (with the pugs) very early on Friday morning and got back on Sunday - trip took about 8 hours in the car which wasn't too bad. The pugs were VERY good considering they were in the back of the car and going to a new place. We stayed at a hotel that accepted dogs so it worked out well. My friend, Jen, got married on Saturday and I was glad to have been part of her special day as a bridesmaid. The whole event was really nice - nothing but the best to Jen and David!! Here are a few pictures from the wedding.
This is from the rehearsal dinner - I must say I'm looking a little bit large...







1 comment:

Aaron said...

I've heard from several people that sleeping on your left side is where most of us end up...I know I did!

Keep on plugging away, your time will be up before you know it and your life as you have always known it will suddenly change and all of this will be a distant memory :)