Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Florida Girl

I love the warm weather. Out with the cold in with the warmth. If I had my way I'd have the windows open more often and the air conditioning set to 78 degrees when it got REALLY hot in the summer. But, a compromise has been made since I don't live alone...which works out well because then I get to get more use out of the porch.

Caleb and I have been attending a Parenting Group based on the book, "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. Parenting looks to be one of the most difficult things that both of us will start in just a few months. As we discuss the book and listen to other parents in the group it is a little overwhelming to say the least. Both of us agree that this book has done a great deal to encourage discussion between us and start talking about our parenting role. Even though I think we are taking the class a little prematurely (everyone else already has children) I am thankful for the discussion and feedback that develops. Hopefully we'll be able to apply it all when necessary!



P.S. My vegetables are growing nicely...I've moved most of them to a larger growing container already. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

No comments: