Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Citrus

We have been enjoying some wonderful fresh squeezed citrus juice this past week or so...My friend Leah has a lemon tree in her front yard so I went over and pulled some lemons off her tree and made some fresh lemonade. (Extra lemon juice went in the freezer for later use.)


Then, when we went over to Caleb's grandparent's house this weekend they had a surplus of oranges given to them by a friend so I took those home and juiced them and made the sweetest orange juice you have ever tasted!

THEN, when we went over to Caleb's parent's house they had a surplus of grapefruit from their daughter's house so I took those home and juiced them and made about 2 Liters of fresh grapefruit juice.

So, needless to say we've been spoiled. Tropicana really has nothing on fresh squeezed juice. Nothing.

And, I'm not sure if it will work or not, but I'm going to see if some of the lemon seeds from the lemons will sprout so I can (eventually, yes, many years down the line) have my own lemons one day.



No comments: