Monday, November 17, 2008

Put one in the L column...

My poor Jags - they looked so good yesterday but alas they fell at the end. Good job, Titans, they are still undefeated.
(10-0)





1
2
3
4
Total



Tennessee 3 0 14 7 24 Final




Jacksonville 0 14 0 0 14

(4-6)

In other news...it is SO cold this morning! When I took the pugs out I got a rush of cold air, I'm guessing it must be in the low 40s, maybe upper 30's. Brr...I just found my jaguar print gloves and a scarf to wear in the car until it warms up. Brr...where did Fall go? (not to mention the summer!?)

I made a Cream of Potato Soup that I am proud of this past week - recipe below:
(keep in mind measurements are approximates and I'm not a professional)
3 medium potatoes
2 1/2 cups of broth (your choice)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Dill to taste
1-2 Tbsp butter
1-2 Tbsp flour

Boil the potatoes until cooked. Boil Broth. In Separate container on stove, melt butter and then whisk in heavy whipping cream and flour until boiling. Put 1/2 cup of the broth in the whipping cream mixture and bring to boil, stir occasionally. Take off stove. Take 2/3 of the cooked potatoes and the rest of the broth and put in blender or food processor. Blend well. Put the remaining 1/3 of the cooked potatoes and put in the whipping cream mixture. Pour the blended mixture into the whipping cream mixture and add dill to taste. Stir and serve!


And, just two more picture to finish off posting pictures from our trip:



Trying to stay cool

No comments: