Saturday, November 8, 2008

HOME

Well we are finally home ;) It's a good place to be. It smells like home, it feels like home and everything is familiar.

We arrived last night about 8:15pm and then had to get the car and a bite to eat (that was a debacle) and then finally walk in our front door. (Thanks for watering my plants, Mom and all of the snacks you left us!)

I have soooo many pictures to share from the trip which was great. It had been almost 10 years since I had seen some of my aunts/uncles/cousins in Malaysia and Singapore. (So you can imagine how different some of the younger ones looked 'all grown up'). I won't comment about everything now but I will share a few pictures in this post - this is from our Tea Ceremony...the second day we were in Malaysia we had a scaled down version of the Chinese Tea Ceremony and then a delicious 7 course meal afterward (dishes below).








First Course
All four dishes counted as one course - mostly vegetable dishes


Second Course
Peking Duck (Caleb's favorite)


Third Course
Steamed Fish



Fourth Course
Sea Cucumbers and vegetables with donuts



Fifth Course
Prawns



Sixth Course
Scallops with vegetables and winter melon



Seventh Course
Dessert - Ice Cream with Melon and Tapioca



Caleb's experience was "different" as he keeps saying...he had the chance to have several western meals though - steak, McDonalds, Pizza Hut. So there is no way he was going to go hungry. Family there was very thoughtful in making sure he had something to eat that he liked.

And, I think I'll end this post here...I've managed to kill about an hour an a half (woke up a little after 5am and couldn't sleep anymore - 13 hour time difference with Malaysia/Singapore). I can't wait to see the pugs - I can pick them up at 8am :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

Welcome back! I can't to see all your pictures.

lyvian said...

Nice Jen! I am sure your trip was fruitful...Am waiting for more pictures : )
stay awaaake..... :D
lyvian