Monday, August 11, 2008

Tea and Sweet Potatoes



Nope, that that kind of tea...more like tea and crumpets tea. The Grand Floridian Resort Hotel at Walt Disney World has a small area inside the Hotel where tea is served (called the Garden View Lounge).
Garden View Lounge
Turn back the clock to the genteel tradition of sipping an afternoon tea. Tea cakes and other traditional tantalizing treats accompany a wide selection of tasty teas. Your afternoons will never be the same.


The Garden View Lounge serves the tea in dainty tea cups, tea pots and small serving plates. The finger sandwiches don't come with a crust so you know you're some place special :) They serve several varieties of tea (black, white, green, herbal) and have a great variety of sandwiches and desserts. The scones were really good too...one of the best I've had. Strangely, I found myself sitting straight in my chair...I went with friends from Knitting...and yes, we did try our best at keeping that pinky up while we sipped!


This is our best shot at trying to look sophisticated and uppity. We are completely disinterested in the tea and are only there because 'muffy' is at the groomers.
Photobucket


with Angela!
Photobucket

Kelly and I trying on some Disney Ears!
Photobucket


Michelle and I were listening to the pianist and live band on the second floor railing. The music is played throughout the day and gives the entire Hotel a calm and relaxing feeling.
Photobucket

Too cute, Jen!!
Photobucket

And here's a shot of just smiles
Photobucket
**********************************************************************************
I'm very proud of my Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries - I made them this evening to go with the veggie burgers. They turned out just perfect!
Use 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into shoestring/french fry size
Toss with about 1/4 c olive oil
sprinkle in some salt, paprika and cinnamon to taste
Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Very cute pictures! I wish I couldve made it!