Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1st already?!

It is hard to believe that the year is half over already...I thought it appropriate to look back 6 months ago and see what kind of goals I had for 2008. This is taken from my post back on January 1, 2008:


Here are a few things that I hope to accomplish in 2008:
1. Get married to Caleb :) (We're thinking about June now)
2. Learn how to play tennis (lessons scheduled to begin next week!)
3. Learn how to play either the guitar or violin
4. Keep going to the gym to try and stay healthy
5. Buy a home
6. Continue attending my knitting group, keep building those friendships
7. Be nicer to people
8. Look into volunteering with an agency
9. To be continued...

Okay... so...
#1, check! (and a month earlier than anticipated!)
#2, half check (I did the lessons but then stopped)
#3, haven't even started (I'm thinking this may get bumped to 2009)
#4, well, I stopped my membership at the gym earlier this year, but I am trying to eat healthier than before - less meat and fats - courtesy of a book I keep going back to again and again, "Skinny Bitch" by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
#5, we're looking...
#6, check! (just came back from another evening of knitting and chatting with the girls actually
#7, hmm...still working on that one
#8, I'm in the process of searching - my friend Jen sent me some sites that may help in my volunteer decision. (where, how often, organization) I'm welcome to more ideas if you've got them. Here are the sites in case anyone else is looking to volunteer too:
http://www.volunteermatch.org/
http://www.handsonorlando.com/
http://www.lighthousefamilyretreat.org/

No comments: