Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blue Springs State Park

This weekend was Caleb's family reunion (mother's side) at Blue Springs State Park. Friday night we went there for the evening did the introductions for those I haven't met yet and had a simple dinner of hot dogs cooked on the grill. And, of course, since we were using the grills anyhow, we did have the ever famous S'mores. We left that evening and returned on Saturday morning to spend time with the family. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I felt very comfortable around his family which was reassuring. It rained off and on during the weekend but it really was not too much of a hindrance. I did get a little card playing in this weekend (learned how to play Wizard) and helped with building a campfire back up after the rain on Saturday evening. We also got to toss the frisbee around for a bit - I think it's probably been a few years since I picked a frisbee up but I wasn't too rusty. We also got to see two manatee in the river - a mom and her calf. Sunday afternoon we all went to Charity and Don's for lunch which was wonderful as always. Overall I'd say it was a great weekend- it was nice not to have access to the tv and computer and laundry and pugs and everything else that usually takes up my weekend. (The pugs were being watched by a friend of Caleb's this weekend.) I did find out that Caleb's family (or at least his Mom's side) is just about as quirky as my Mom's side...so that's comforting :) How many families do you know of that will sing and play games with a huge rainbow parachute in the front yard while the neighbors look on? Yep, I guess my family isn't as weird as I thought....Anyhow, thanks to all who contributed to a great weekend. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new family better.


No comments: