Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Weekend Bustle




This past weekend was filled with "emotion." Saturday was Jackson's first birthday at Gemini Springs State Park. Caleb and I brought a badminton set for everyone to play and I think it was a "hit."
And...on Sunday Caleb and I did some more moving - so far both of our offices are done and most of the kitchen. I'd say the majority of the living room is also done. We plan to get the rest of the stuff over there this coming Sunday. Speaking of the new place, while I was doing a load of laundry there I had yet another heart stopping experience. I was in the process of washing the couch cushions (pushing them into the washer b/c there were air bubbles trapped inside) I noticed that my diamond had fallen out! (AGAIN!) So, I immediatly stop the flow of water which was already 3/4 the way to the top, take out the sopping wet fabric in the washer and search frantically, but "calmy" through the crevices of the fabric. No such luck. So, my next option is to try inside the washer. I reach my hand in the water and much to my surprise, the first place I place my hand at the bottom of the washing machine I feel the little diamond. I ever so carefully take it out and breathe a HUGE sigh of relief!! I told Caleb that apparently I'm not supposed to do house work with this engagement ring so he'll have to do everything now. Anyhow, I brought the ring in yesterday to get it reset. I'm not so sure that I'll be so lucky a third time if it falls out, though. I may want to just get a new band to set the diamonds.
And, last but not least, a wedding update - photography is booked and crossed off my list. Jennifer Fortin Photography is whom we've decided to go with for the special day.

No comments: