Thursday, October 18, 2007

New to me #2

My take on a few things I've found...

1. Fig Newtons, baked with 100% Whole Grain - this is a tasty twist on the original fig treat. I'm happy to report that they are still delicious, the 'whole grain' did not take away too much of the moistness from the cookie (as I've found some 'whole grain' products do). I'm not sure how the nutrition facts compare to the original fig cookie but the Whole Grain figs have 2g of fiber for every 2 cookies. Hooray for fiber! Rating: 7

2. Pfeffer-Nusse - (aka gingerbread cookies made by 'Old Germany') These things are delicious! But, you have to be in the mood for a soft ginger cookie...these do not have the 'snap' but are very soft and chewy. These are coated in a sugar glaze and I've noticed that it is very difficult for me to eat just one. In the words of Rachael Ray, "Yummo!" Rating: 10

No comments: