Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pressure Cooker

I am really starting to like my pressure cooker. I've actually owned it for at least 3 years and have only just started using it. Initially I was afraid to use it because of the horror stories I had heard...but with a little persuasion from some people at work, I tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago to make some split pea soup and it turned out to be not so bad. (Some tasters commented that it was a little thick...note taken, more water/broth next time). I've also made a type of gumbo in the pressure cooker and tonight was teriyaki chicken. I must say tonight was one of the best - a little ginger, teriyaki sauce, water, pepper, hoisen sauce and voila! The drumstick meat was tender and falling off the bone and the breasts were juicy and tender. It was a great meal with the wild rice and green peas. Yum :)

No comments: