Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day One

As my alarm rang this morning at 5:30am I spent about 4 seconds arguing with myself - to get out of bed or to press SNOOZE . . . I got up and within 5 minutes I was dressed and out the door. Day One at the gym. Here I am 15 hours later and already I am feeling my 'pectoralis major and minor' muscles a little sore...And I know I'm going to have another "argument" with myself in only a few more hours - Hopefully SNOOZE will lose again.

Below is the latest on my first sock - using Tofutsies yarn, size 2 needles...The girls in my knitting group are a big help when I mess up...I think it will look a lot better when I'm done because of them. If I did it on my own without help, I can only imagine how many "mistakes" there would be...(not a great picture, sorry)















FOOD THOUGHT: I am very impressed with the frozen shrimp I bought at Publix. I really thought I'd only be mildly satisfied with shrimp that has been frozen and sitting in a freezer for who knows how long. But, I will say I was pleasantly surprised - after thawing the shrimp in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes, their outer skeleton came off very easily and the shrimp cooked up quite well - for being previously frozen that is. Kudos to the freezer, I think I'll buy some more shrimp that is frozen, it's a great addition to my alfredo dish. Yum :)

No comments: